ISQ sponsors and organizes a wide range of activities which include:
- A biennial National Quality Conference for more than 1700 Israeli quality professionals.
- A biennial International Conference attended by 2400 quality specialists from Israel and abroad.
- Quality Week in Israel.
- Participating in judging the National Quality Awards.
- Conducting and supporting regularly scheduled conferences, meetings, symposia and courses for Israeli industry,
services and institutions.
- Providing sponsorship for training courses.
- Conducting and supporting in-house courses in industry, services, government and institutions.
- Teaching in diploma and degree programs in academic and vocational institutions throughout Israel.
- Teaching and guiding research in the graduate (MSc and PhD) quality and reliability programs at the Technion,
Israel Institute of Technology.
- Publishing the professional magazine EICHUT(Quality) and a newsletter.
- Providing scholarships towards graduate degrees in Quality Sciences.
- Serving on National Standards and Quality Committees.
- Participating in professional and public forums concerning the promotion of quality.
- Sponsoring quality activities in the youth movements.
- Serving as the exclusive Israeli representative of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and administering
certification examinations for the following:
– Certified Quality Engineers (CQE)
– Certified Reliability Engineers (CRE)
– Certified Quality Technicians (CQT)
– Certified Quality Auditors (CQA)
– Certifies Software Quality Engineers (CSQE)
– Certified Quality Managers (CQM)
- Administering Israeli certification examination for the following:
– Israel Certified Quality Engineers (ICQE)
– Israel Certified Quality Management (ICQM)
– Israel Certified Quality Technicians (ICQT)
(To date, about one thousand Israeli quality professionals have been certified.)
In additional to the activities listed above, ISQ has developed the following:
- “Noah’s Ark”
- Defense & Aerospace
“Noah’s Ark” is an initiative to:
Encourage, enhance and facilitate the integration of the quality management, safety and environmental management systems.
Create comprehension and motivation for mutual study and common activity for members of the safety, environmental and Quality disciplines.
Develop, build and create guidelines and tools for assimilation of mutual methodologies for safety, environmental, quality and excellence in plants – which will be an added value for “organizational excellence”.
Up to now 40 pairs have gone through the program and we have received excellent feedback.
Audit Improvement Program Activities for improvement of the professional level of the auditors and organizing a competition in order to select the “Excellent Auditor” of the year.
The honor is granted at the opening session of the national conference.
Benchmarking Program between our institutional members.
Management Assistance to non-profit organizations which provide help to the needy.
- The Society was one of the first World Partners.
- The Society serves as the sole Israeli representative of ASQ and has signed mutual agreements with the European
Organization for Quality (EOQ) and several national quality organizations.
- Representatives of the ISQ serve on committees of the American and European associations.
- The Society is one of the founders of the Quality Organization of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Members take an active role in many International Standards Committees.
- The ISQ works to increase and promote bilateral relationships with other national quality organizations.
- Society members are a strong presence within the International Chapter of the ASQ.
They are the second largest national contingent and have earned the second largest number of ASQ certificates.
Israel accounts for 19% of the International Chapter Fellows, 11% of the Quarter-Century Members, 13% of International
Chapter Members with 4 or more certifications and one of the two International Chapter Shewart Medalists.